Help The Homeless Related Documentation
Summaries of events:
Invitation (May 2001),
Invitation (July 2002),
Support docs: Support Services for Homeless, Donation Letter, SF/SJ Shelters
How to Engage with the Homeless: read comments on this page
Other Local Events
- Cupcakes at the Park: a summary of the event in London; and you can also download the whole toolkit that includes a way to print Smile t-shirts, kindness quotes, generositree and more
- Miles of Smiles: make up banners and hold them up on busy street intersections.
- Carwash For the Community: particularly great with the kids!
- Meditation Circle: an hour of meditation, followed by a circle of sharing and some dinner (here's a nice summary about the one in California that has continued for 14 years; and a guide for hosting.
- All It Takes is Lemonade: make some lemonade, create a generositree, and gift it to people in the park.
- Karma Kitchen: rent a restaurant, and tell all guests that their check is zero and they can pay forward for the person after them. (A guide if you want to do it on an ongoing basis.)
- Ship Smile Cards: Smile Cards encourage acts of kindness, and you can volunteer to ship 10 order every week, or you can organize a group to do even more.
- Chalk the Walk: get a group of friends and head out to public transporation stations and beyond, and beautify it.